23 Şubat 2013 Cumartesi

Travel Style: Valentine's Day Loveliness

To contact us Click HERE
 Valentine's Day fashion can take many directions. This year I'm feeling extra girly. I'm not sure if it's because it's our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, but I can't get enough pink and red. I've painted my nails in Essie's "Really Red" and plan on making these Valentine's Day treats. I know, it's all very mushy and gross. I promise to get back to my normal self very soon.

Here are the details on my favorite Valentine's Day looks from above:

1. LOVE by Diego Binetti: This collection is delicate and romantic, with designs that are actually approachable and totally wearable by the everyday woman.
2. Love Arrow Necklace by Claudia Rowe, $48: I love this cool little bauble! The necklace also comes in silver or bronze.
3. Mossimo Snake Skin Handbag from Target, $20: Seriously, what would we do without Target and Mossimo's ability to make fashion so affordable? I am a lifelong fan!
4. Mossimo Pearce Pumps from Target, $30: Can't you just see Kate Middleton running about all gazelle-like in these heels? OK, so hers might have a couple extra zeros at the end of the price tag, but still.
I've heard from a lot of friends that trying to get a dinner reservation on Valentine's Day in New York City is a total cluster. So we opted to have our date last night. The husband surprised me with dinner at Poke, which is a sushi restaurant on the Upper East Side that - I'm happy to say - more than lived up to its reputation. Fresh, simple and delicious. (And it's BYOB!) 
I was trying to be an attentive wife and not so much a blogger, so I made it a point not to snap any photos during the dinner (except the one below!). But my two favorite dishes were the yellowtail with jalapeno sashimi and rock shrimp appetizer - light, crispy, and with a delicious sauce for dipping. Honestly, though, everything we got was great.
The night ended with another big (!!!) surprise: we're going to see Mama Mia on Broadway Friday night! I know it's completely nerdy, but I'm kind of a crazy ABBA fan and somehow have managed never to see Mama Mia live. CAN'T. WAIT. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

What are you doing to spread the love?

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder