5 Şubat 2013 Salı

On My Radar: Indianapolis

To contact us Click HERE
Photo courtesy of VisitIndy.com
When the husband and I made our cross-country drive from Arizona moving to New York City, we stopped for one night in Indianapolis. And by one night I mean maybe 10 hours tops to eat, sleep, and then hit the road before sunrise the next morning. (It was a looong trip!) As we skirted around downtown Indianapolis' sparkling skyline in the thick of night, I said:

"I wonder what Indianapolis is like."

This prompted a 10-minute speech about Indianapolis' sports history. Super Bowl! The Colts! Reggie Miller!

...
....
......

Oh, sorry. I fell asleep.

Okay, so I may not be that interested in sports (except for the NBA - even I appreciate the showy Reggie Miller-John Starks rivalry of the 90s), but what I've discovered since our quick run through Indianapolis is this:

There is some seriously cool development happening in downtown. Most of it is centered on a multi-use district called CityWay. We're spending a couple of days in Indy this March and what I'm most excited to experience is a new hotel called The Alexander.

Named after Alexander Ralston, the architect who platted the city (same guy who platted Washington D.C.), everything in the art-focused Alexander hotel is tied to Indy - like the guestroom wallpaper that looks like the city grid. And its in-house collection is curated by the Indianapolis Museum of Art.

I'm looking forward to sampling truffled potato soup and sipping on crafted cocktails at Cerulean Restaurant (the second location for this local favorite), and definitely plan on renting one of The Alexander's free bikes to use on the adjacent Cultural Trail. It's an 8-mile path that connects six of Indianapolis' cultural districts.

But what is my to-do list missing? What are your top recommendations for our trip to Indianapolis? Tell me!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder