11 Aralık 2012 Salı

My Life Now: Discovering Columbus

To contact us Click HERE
There is always something to do in New York City. This is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I am never bored. A curse because I am psycho Type A and I want to see, do, and eat everything. This leads to a sick obsession with Excel sheets and lists. And that leads to an overwhelmed husband.

One of the coolest things we've done lately is check out Discovering Columbus by Tatzu Nishi. A free exhibit from the Public Art Fund, it was basically a living room constructed 75 feet+ in the air around the Christopher Columbus statue. Gazing out over Columbus Circle and Central Park from the windows was such a surreal experience, and I'm so glad we got to do it.

It took every ounce of self-control I had not to just reach out and touch the marble statue. It was built in 1892!
In case you're wondering what Christopher Columbus likes to read, the answer is rock 'n roll history and historical American chick lit. On the right is a snapshot of Columbus' wallpaper, an ode by artist Tatzu Nishi to American pop culture.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder