26 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Dining Out: La Baguette

To contact us Click HERE
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I've just returned from a blissful long weekend in Miami with my family. Though I am sure we are all sad to be back at work, perhaps I can cheer you up with a little Florida sunshine.

I flew down to Miami first thing Wednesday morning. My dad was kind enough to take a break from his Thanksgiving meal prep to come pick me up. On our way back to the house we stopped for an early lunch at a sandwich place called La Baguette.

La Baguette is very unassuming. In fact, it's right in the middle of two gas stations. Not exactly prime real estate.

You can spot La Baguette by its fire engine red awning.

Beneath the shade of the awning is a counter, groups of tables and some lounge-like furniture.

You place your order at the counter which is protected by a line of brightly colored bar stools.

We took seats at the counter and I realized the menu was already in front of me in the form of a place mat. The menu is a bit corny with all of its oversized pictures.

We started by ordering drinks. My father ordered a Sprite and it came in a glass bottle; a true rarity. Being in Miami often feels like visiting a foreign country and soda in glass bottles is just another piece of evidence mounting in my case for Miami requiring a passport.

My father decided on the prosciutto and mozzarella sandwich which came topped with an entire garden of fresh vegetables. There are so many veggies it's hard to even see the meat and cheese beneath them!

I ordered the cheddar cheese sandwich which was melted white cheddar topped with the same cornucopia of vegetables. I have to admit, though the sandwich was definitely impressive to the eye, not so much to the taste buds.

The reason you really need to know about La Baguette is that it is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Since Miami is a party city, every party girl needs to know where to find a delicious, satisfying, late night snack.

Chow down at La Baguette at 427 SW 8th Street.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder